Monday, December 11, 2023

MADE IT TO FLORIDA


 First first Pday. I'm about to go ride a boat rn so I'll make this quick. 

Well I guess there's no backing out now. I'm here. In Florida. Yippie. I'm just kidding, it's actually been an interesting couple of days. 

So at 3 am, Elder covid and I, officially left the mtc and got on a flight to Florida (shoutout to my aunt/uncle Manda and Brett hatch for meeting up with me in Denver's airport.) 

After some classes I met my companion, Elder Walker, and was assigned to the Tallahassee area. 

Elder Walker is from Oregon, and only has 3 months left of his mission. He's pretty cool so far. Not a lunatic about the rules like some of my companions have been. I feel like a newborn but he refuses to hold my hand in public so.. Nothing more to report on him I guess. 

My area where I live is pretty nice. At least I thought so until we ventured out and proslyted. Then I was just introduced to the real Florida and this place is sketchy. Every home I've been to reeks of weed and cigarettes. It's awesome. It's also been raining HEAVILY... Cmon God, Throw me a bone here. 

However, teaching itself is actually incredible. Yesterday was my first time teaching a few people and it was a great experience. I was most worried about actually teaching but it went really well. Teaching someone who is actively reading the book of Mormon and changing their lives because of it was a great feeling. 

Upon arrival In the new ward I was tasked to give a talk in Sacrament on my birthday, December 31st 😐 welcome to the mission I guess. Until next time. 


HIGHLIGHTS:

● Have already gotten yelled at by locals to not talk to them or come back 🤪

● Played Frisbee golf. 

● My first night in Tallahassee was the ward Christmas party. 🌲

● was gifted Versace sunglasses (pictured below)

● People can tell I'm from Utah because of my hair on the back of my head. That's a Utah thing?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Alma Georgia Address

 Hayden's New Address for ALMA GEORGIA 144 Mohawk River Road Alma GA 31510 Spent 2 weeks in a Quad in Douglas Georgia before moving into...